Tag Archives: –RANDOLPH COUNTY GA–

Cuthbert City Hall, 1940

cutbert-ga-randolph-county-city-hall-wpa-great-depression-architecture-art-deco-mid-century-modern-picture-image-photo-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2012

Cuthbert’s Mid-Century Modern City Hall was a project of the WPA, near the tail-end of funding for the New Deal agency.  It’s a quiet  landmark of governmental architecture and utilitarian design. The bell seen below lists the names of the committee members who oversaw its construction.

cuthbert-ga-randolph-county-wpa-city-hall-dedication-bell-with-inscriptions-around-picture-image-photo-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2012

Cuthbert City Hall © Brian Brown 2012

Via: http://vanishingsouthgeorgia.com/2012/09/03/city-hall-1940-cuthbert/

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under --RANDOLPH COUNTY GA--, Cuthbert GA